Sunday, August 18, 2013

The New Normal


Tonight it was hard not to notice the countless posts about feelings of sadness, and in some cases distress, over a summer that seems to have come and gone all too quickly. For many, the fun and freedom associated with summer, seems to be slipping away once again. While I share in the sentiments of longing for summer to last just a few more days, my post is not one of apprehension or anxiety like it has been on so many Sunday night's in years past. Tonight there is excitement, joy, freedom, and belief in the power of gameChangers.

Last August the tearful posts were my normal. I have felt the overwhelming ache of having to wrap up a summer full of memories with tears and trepidation about the school year ahead. Although I loved working with "my kids" and their families, and even some of you reading this right now, my girls and Chad got what was left of me, because I was so busy giving others the best of me. Thankfully I had a few gameChangers who saw an opportunity for a better way for our family and others like us who needed to break with tradition and boldly step in faith towards a life of freedom.

One year ago I didn't believe that I could ever really be a work-from-home mommy, yet here I am. A year ago I never really saw the opportunity that was before us because I was afraid to believe. I was afraid to fail. I was afraid of what other people might think. Fear kept me from believing in the dreams we had buried in our hearts and the life we truly desired. We've been blessed by the love and support of gameChangers throughout our lives. Many of you have always been gameChangers who believed in us, who supported us, who loved on us as we embarked upon this journey of life and this past year and half with AdvoCare. There were a some of you whose faith was, and still is, bigger than my fear. Thank you to all of you who are still there, believing in us, supporting us, and loving on us as we continue to live out our story, as we seek to be gameChangers for others.

So tonight I don't mourn summer's end, I celebrate the new normal. I celebrate the freedom to invest in this family and in others, to spend time pouring into others on different terms. I celebrate the opportunity of a new normal for our girls. I celebrate life and the gift it is to be on this earth one more day.

I am thankful that I can understand the sadness of summer's end, but live in the joy of a better way for our family and any other family whose faith is bigger than their fear. I am thankful for the change I didn't even know I was looking for. 
I am thankful for my buddy, my gameChanger, and the future that awaits us. #dreamitdoit #beagameChanger

No comments:

Post a Comment