Monday, August 13, 2012

A sense of urgency

Sometimes the opportunities before us are there at just the right time, for just the right reasons. Sometimes the opportunities put before us are ones we didn't even realize we needed to take advantage of in the first place. Sometimes opportunities pass us by if we are too apprehensive to make a decision one way or the other. 

I am someone who walks that fine line between indecision and taking the time to seek wisdom. I want to be sure that I am making the right choice, the best choice, the wisest choice. However, in my desire to do "the right thing" I often waste time and have consequently missed some valuable opportunities to grow and change. Thankfully I have a spouse, and an Advocare team, who pushes me to be better, to act with confidence and to look forward with a decisive heart. It's hard to be pushed and pulled outside my comfort zone, but I am learning it's a worthwhile process. Growth, discomfort, change, it all comes whether we embrace it or not.  It's not easy, but I'm starting to realize that each moment I spend in indecision is a moment wasted. 

As a I look ahead to another school year, leaving my children with our amazing sitter, and pouring more of me into others, I'm anxious, apprehensive, and excited at the same time. I know that the school year ahead is full of potential and full of opportunities to grow. My purpose is clear. My passion is strong. So I look forward with a decided heart, an urgency to move with intensity, passion, and purpose.                                  ~Linds

It's time to Carpe Diem . . . 

Jeremiah 29:11 - 13




No comments:

Post a Comment